About Our School
Before and After School Programs
Contributing to Sutterville
SCUSD Web Site
Health and Safety Committee
- The California School Boards Association Golden Bell Award - Awarded for the School-Wide Success Model, a program in which students are given special language arts instruction for an hour a day.
- 2007 Jiminy Cricket's Environmentality Challenge - Awarded to Mr. Carnie's fifth grade class for its project to preserve burrowing owl and raptor habitat.
- Exemplary School: An Exemplary School is one at which at least eighty percent of students perform at grade level (at or above the 50th percentile) in reading and mathematics.
- Title I AAA School: The Title I AAA Award arises from the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB) and is awarded to Title I schools that exceed Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) for two or more years or significantly close the achievement gap among numerically significant subgroups. In addition to these federal law requirements, California’s program has been designed to identify and honor Title I schools that have also doubled their Academic Performance Index (API) growth target for two consecutive years, and that meet a designated median API score in both English-language arts and mathematics.
- School On The Move (Silver): Annual performance targets are set for each school based on the proportion of students who move from the first quartile to the second, from the second to the third quartile, and from the third quartile to the fourth. Progress in achieving annual performance is measured. A school that meets minimum objectives is recognized as a School On The Move. A 100-point scale provides schools the opportunity to earn a gold, silver or bronze pennant.
- Distinguished School